About Us - History

 

 

HISTORY:  AGS, HARKA BAHADUR


          Army has undertaken numerous projects for upliftment of locals in remote areas of Jammu & Kashmir. Besides infrastructural development in general, ‘Women Empowerment’ and ‘Education’ are two focus areas that have shown tremendous response.  After OP VIJAY, to bring the Ladakh region at par with the rest of the nation, HQ 14 Corps started a series of goodwill pgmes under OP SADBHAVANA.   Army Goodwill School, Harka Bahadur is one of such School.   Army Goodwill School, Harka Bahadur is one of the biggest school in the Ladakh Region. The school was commissioned in 1995 by J&K Govt. After OP VIJAY, school was converted into Sadbhavana School by Lt Gen Arjun Ray, GOC 14 Corps. The school was upto primary level at the time of inauguration. Today, the School is playing the role of a secondary school and has a well qualified teaching staff.     The school is named after Sub Harka Bhadur Rana, MC, a brave soldier of 1st Battalion of 5th Gorkha Rifles (Frontier Force). During “Indo-Pak War - 1948” his team captured a bridge on the Shingo River. The bridge and this school is named after him. After OP VIJAY, it was re-named Army Goodwill School (AGS), Harka Bahadur. The school is recognized/affiliated with J&K Board and managed by the Army.

 DATE OF ESTABLISHMENT

    AGS, Harka Bahadur was started in 1995 as a Govt. School and later on converted to Sadbhavana School after OP VIJAY.

RE-INAUGURATION


  The School was Re-inaugurated by Lt Gen Arjun Ray,  GOC 14 Corps in Apr 2000.

 AFFILIATION/RECOGNITION


    School is affiliated/recognized by J&K Board of Education.

 

History

1.         Army has undertaken numerous projects for up liftment of locals in remote areas of Jammu & Kashmir. Besides infrastructural development in general, ‘Women Empowerment’ and ‘Education’ are two focus areas that have shown tremendous response. The school will help in moulding the opinion, feelings and attitude in favour of the Army and the Nation.  After OP VIJAY, to bring the Ladakh region at par with the rest of the nation, HQ 14 Corps started a series of goodwill pgmes under OP SADBHAVANA.

 

2.         Army Goodwill School, Harka Bahadur is one of the biggest school in the Ladakh Region. The school was commissioned in 1995 by J&K Govt. After OP VIJAY (Indo-Pak War 1999) school was converted into Sadbhavana School by Lt Gen Arjun Ray, GOC      14 Corps in 2000. The school was up to primary level at the time of inauguration. Today, the School is playing the role of a secondary school and has a well-qualified teaching staff.

 

3.         The school is named after Sub Harka Bhadur Rana, MC, a brave soldier of 1st Battalion of 5th Gorkha Rifles (Frontier Force). During “Indo-Pak War - 1948” his team captured a bridge on the Shingo River. The bridge and this school are named after him. After OP VIJAY, it was    re-named Army Goodwill School (AGS), Harka Bahadur. The school is recognized/affiliated with J&K Board and managed by the Army.